Welcome to the Premier League, so it seems as Sheffield United supports have seen the harsh reality of supporting your club in the Premier League with no less than seven fixtures being moved over the next few months to accommodate live TV, including crucial games at Manchester City and Liverpool.
December 2019 and January 2020 will see seven Premier League fixtures fall victim due to games being selected for live TV. Not all seven fixtures will be broadcasted, but some have been moved because of other fixtures.
The Blades first home fixture throughout December, against Newcastle, has been selected for TV coverage on Amazon Prime Video – this will be the first time that United are shown on this platform. The game had initially been scheduled for Tuesday, 3rd December but will now take place on Thursday, 5th December at 7:30PM. As a result of the Blades facing the Magpies on a Thursday night, the following away fixture at Norwich City has now been put back 23 hours to Sunday, 8th December, and won’t be on live TV.
On Boxing Day the Blades host Watford at 3:00PM. This fixture hasn’t changed but will now be shown on Amazon Prime Video!
2019 sees Chris Wilder’s Blades end the year at Manchester City. The current Premier League Champions have seen their Boxing Day game with Wolves moved to 27th December, therefore the fixture at the Etihad Stadium has been moved to Sunday, 29th December (6:00PM) to accommodate this.
New Year’s Day is usually a traditional day for football, but not in 2020 as United’s trip to Anfield will now be screened live on BT Sport and take place at 8:00PM on Tuesday, 2nd January.
January also sees two further fixtures moved due to live Broadcast on BT Sports. The Blades home fixture with West Ham will take place on Friday, 10th January (8:00PM), and the return fixture with Manchester City will kick-off at 7:30PM on Tuesday, 21st January.
An amendment of these fixtures, along with dates and new kick-off times can be found below;
- Thursday, 5th December 2019 – Sheffield United vs. Newcastle United (7:30PM)
- Sunday, 8th December 2019 – Norwich City vs. Sheffield United (2:00PM)
- Thursday, 26th December 2019 – Sheffield United vs. Watford (3:00PM)
- Sunday, 29th December 2019 – Manchester City vs. Sheffield United (6:00PM)
- Thursday, 2nd January 2020 – Liverpool vs. Sheffield United (8:00PM)
- Friday, 10th January 2020 – Sheffield United vs. West Ham United (8:00PM)
- Tuesday, 21st January 2020 – Sheffield United vs. Manchester City (7:30PM)